Silver Spring Golf Course was established in 1919 as a company golf course for the Standard Oil Company. Later Standard Oil sold out to Mobil Oil and the course was used for Mobil Oil executives. On January 8th 1963 Robert Salter leased the property from Mobil Oil and incorporated Silver Spring Golf Course. In 1980 a group of local men purchased the corporation with the goal of providing an affordable golf course for Seniors, Juniors and the local public. Today Silver Spring has a membership in the 200s and is also open to the public. Our thanks to that original group of men that had the idea and made it come true.